Friday, 21 June 2013

the longest day

It's the longest day today (in the northern hemisphere).

According to that widget, which I have on the dashboard of my computer, today we had just short of 18 hours between sunrise and sunset and just short of 20 hours between dawn and dusk. That is a l-o-t of hours of daylight!

I also have this widget on my dashboard which shows the shape the sun makes on the earth.

As it's almost 11pm here, Scotland is now in the dark bit but you can see how close we are to the top of that dark bit - no wonder we get lots of hours of daylight!

Now, when I was looking at my dashboard to take those screenshots, this weather forecast one caught my eye.

Ahhh, the joys of summer in Scotland! :oD

10 comments:

  1. It's not much better here in Yorkshire, lots of rain, though still quite warm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our temperatures weren't too warm at the weekend - or today. I'm hoping for better things tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Happy Summer Anne! It looks like the weather next week is going to be perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, the joys of summer in Yorkshire too, it's raining here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Yorkshire and Scotland are very similar when it comes to our weather. I hope yours is drier now, Jo. :o)

      Delete
  4. Lots of daylight was what I remember when we visited Skye in 2011. (I actually cried when we left, as I loved it so much). We never have that much daylight over here even though we live in southern Australia and of course it was our shortest day. It is only 1 deg here at 7am and supposedly sunny today.
    We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived in Inverness for 11 years and there was even more daylight up there than there is here. Mind you, the opposite was true in the winter!

      Delete
  5. Ah well, the nights are drawing in, it will soon be winter ...... no, that's not me, but my late, very pessimistic, father-in-law!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL My mum said exactly the same thing to me over the weekend. Crumbs - we've only just had the longest day and we're heading for winter? That's just nuts! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)