Saturday, 29 June 2013

sporting overload

This is my favourite sporting time of year. Why? Because Wimbledon is on - come on, Andy Murray! :oD - and today the Tour de France started. This is how google marked the start of the tour today. I love it!

I don't know what it is that facinates me about the Tour. I think a lot of it has to do with the coverage we get from Eurosport. They have lots of helicopters to show the action but they also show us the countryside and the castles and monasteries and farms and crops and towns and villages and houses with swimming pools and the warm weather and all sorts of lovely things like that.

I think they do it deliberately so that I, sitting inside in my living room in Scotland because it's raining and cold outside again, get jealous and want to move to France. I wonder if my schoolgirl French - "Bonjour. Je m'appelle Anne. J'ai douze ans" would see me through? Non? Drat! :oD

10 comments:

  1. "Bonjour. Je m'appelle Anne. J'ai douze ans" *lol* That's about the level of my French!

    If you're missing warmer weather, please feel free to come visit... quite warm here! (Thank goodness for air conditioning...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember trying to explain to some American friends why houses in Scotland don't have air conditioning. They didn't believe that our summers just didn't get warm enough to need it. Sad but true! :o)

      Delete
  2. I noticed that on Google yesterday, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also noticed that on Google too. Wimbledon and the cycling are on over here during the night, so I don't get to watch any, except the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when it's the Australian tennis and you have those night matches. I can sit and watch it in my mornings.

      Delete
  4. Je m'appelle Anne aussi!! Not much fussed about the Tour, but I love Wimbledon - especially when our Andy is winning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did well today - eventually! I must admit to being a wee bit glad that Serena has gone. It's made the ladies' event much more open and exciting. :o)

      Delete
  5. Douze? Je pense que tu ..... what's the word? Exaggerate a little? Peut etre Trente ans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I'm way past "trente ans", Jem. Try "cinquante huit". Je pense que c'est vrais. :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)