Wednesday, 5 June 2013

more cutting out

I decided that, rather than start the sewing of the 14 bags I cut out on Monday, I'd just keep going and cut out more.

I cut out another 7 yesterday -

... and one more this morning (in a crate with all the others I've cut out) -

Then I got the idea that, since I was enjoying the cutting out so much, I would cut out some oven gloves as well. I had a whole crate of wee bits saved for making my round oven gloves so I dug through it and got started. Some of them needed new bias binding made so I did that as well.

I then decided I'd like to make another kind of glove. A bit like the round ones but more rectangular so out came the paper and, after a few re-cuts to get the shape the way I wanted, I had my new pattern made.

So, of course, I then started cutting out some of those too. By the end of the day, I had cut out 28 oven gloves! Wow!!

Now I need to cut out the wadding and the InsulBright to put inside them.

I'm really enjoying this cutting out spree so I'm just going to keep going with it. I'm not saying I'll sew all of these things up in one go - I know myself well enough to know that's not going to happen - but, when the sewing urge takes hold, I'll have a whole pile of things ready to be made. Fun! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Good grief Anne - you're in a cutting frenzy! I hate cutting things out but it could be that I'm very naughty with my scissors - I use them for everything (oh yes today I even trimmed back some holly) and then wonder why they aren't sharp! You know what they say though - 'make shapes while the sun shines!' ;) Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ARE naughty with scissors, Jane. Everyone in my house knows they'd better not use my fabric scissors for anything else. It's been drummed into them since birth! :oD

      Delete
  2. Well done. I actually hate cutting, but hope that my new cutting table will help with the back pain I get when bending too low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find cutting out much easier now that my table is at the right height for me - 34" from floor to table top. I haven't had backache all week and that is a miracle!

      Delete
  3. My Goodness, I need a lie-down to recover from reading about all your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like being prepared. You're all ready to go now whenever you fancy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE on a cutting spree! But it's working for you... go for it! Lots of beautiful fabrics there....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you as well and thank you for stopping by to visit and follow me. I am a new follower here and I have already seen so much on your blog that I love. LOL, I see you have piles of things cut out (SO DO I) Cutting just happens to be my least favorite part of sewing, the rest I love. Can't wait to spend more time going through your older posts!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog, Linda. I'm now trying to make my way through all these things I cut out last week! I don't think it's going to be a quick job! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)