Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Molly and the Dolly

I was asked the other day if I could make a quilt for a dolly. Well, of course I can, says I. As usual, my biggest problem was wondering which design to make. Then it dawned on me that I could make a miniature version of the paintbox baby quilt I made not so long ago.

I had so much fun with this one. The fact that it's all been made from left-over bits from that baby quilt with a few other bits - all out of my scrap boxes - is an added bonus. Don't you just love it? I do!

I have no idea what size the dolly is that's getting this quilt - I was told it was a "normal sized doll" - so I've made it big enough for Grace to have a picnic on. Doesn't she look fab on it?

Mind you, Molly wasn't too sure. She was a wee bitty scared of Grace.

Molly finally sat down but all the time she was growling and wondering when this tiny person was going to get up and do something!

This photo just shows Molly's paws as she decided to get a wee bit closer. I managed to rescue Grace from the jaws of inevitable destruction!

Actually, that's a lie. Molly wouldn't destroy Grace - she's too scared of her to even try! :oD

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, some dolly's going to be very spoilt with that. Archie is always wary of things like dolls, in fact, he growls at my garden ornaments. If I lay them down as though they're submitting he wags his tail at them. Silly doggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly growls and cowers at lots of daft things. The kettle has to be the daftest though. I walked across the room to fill it and she just about had a tantrum when I flipped the lid up! :oD

      Delete
  2. Just the perfect thing for Dolly........ Perhaps Molly would be happier if you made a quilt for her...........VBG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I never thought of that! LOL

      Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Susan. It's lovely to meet you. :o)

      Delete
  3. What a darling doll quilt... I know Molly will enjoy it!

    I've made several for granddaugthers' dolls and stuffed animals and it's such fun!

    Congrats on another great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. The quilt isn't for Molly - she's the scaredy-cat dog in the photos. :oD

      Delete
  4. What a sweet little quilt Anne... and such a lovely idea, the whole thing could be made from scraps! Molly is just too cute! Happy Summer! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I love being able to make things out of scraps. It really makes me feel like I got something for nothing! :o)

      Delete
  5. I love the little quilt! Aren't dogs funny things - we gave our spaniel a squeaky toy one Christmas, and she gave herself a fright every time she picked it up and it squeaked!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, Molly has a few squeaky toys and she always looks a bit surprised when they make a noise at her! :oD

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely quilt! It looks as though someone is jealous! Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be it, Chel! Maybe she wanted to sit on the quilt and was just telling Grace to move over! :oD

      Delete
  7. I can't believe that MOlly is scared of a doll, but the quilt is lovely. Don't you just love using the scraps from one to make a little one. I must finish my granddaughter's doll quilt before the middle of July when they are coming down from Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even funnier when I made Grace stroke Rosie - our wee King Charles Cavalier. Rosie loved it but Molly wouldn't stand still long enough to get stroked by this teeny, tiny person! LOL

      Delete
  8. I thought of you today when I used the word blethering....lol...stopped by to tell you but then saw your post. The photo of your dog giving you the "look" made me laugh! The quilt is adorable!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm glad it's not just us Scots who blether, Linda! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)