Friday, 7 June 2013

bump and bias

Bump and Bias sounds like it should be a glam rock group from the 70s! They would all be dressed up in silver suits and they'd wear huge platform boots - again in silver - and we would all gyrate around the dance floor to the beat. Ahhh, those were the days! I remember them well! :oD

Anyway, I digress! I finally got all the bump (wadding) and InsulBright cut out for the oven gloves.

I needed some more bias binding so I set to this afternoon and got that started - my tutorial for how I make bias binding is here. As you can see, I had my iPad tuned in to watch/listen to the French Open tennis.

I didn't get it all quite finished because the sun was shining and, in Scotland, when the sun comes out you just *have* to go outside because you just know it won't last long! This is as far as I got with the bias - one done, 3 to go.

And finally, Douglas and I went out for our monthly snack this morning so, naturally, there's a photo of my sconnage. Yummmmmmmm!

10 comments:

  1. First part of your blog made me think of the film Mamma Mia. Glad the sun has been shining for you and although it is out here (10am), we awoke to a frost this morning. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun shone on us for most of the weekend! It's a miracle! I hope your frost wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  2. There's no stopping you at the moment (except for when the sun's out). The sconnage looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sunny again today so I didn't get any more cutting out done today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow! :o)

      Delete
  3. Boy Anne, you've been a BUSY girl. Lots of cutting out and sewing. And now, thank you, I want a SCONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Anna. The scone was really good! :o)

      Delete
  4. Our sconnage may have been from Asda, but as we ate them sitting on the new deck, they tasted delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've discovered that it's the places you'd least expect that have the bestest scones. Some of the biggest touristy places have rubbish scones!

      Delete
  5. Your sconnage made me smile. I hope the sun stays to visit you for quite a while.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun wasn't out for long today, Ali, but it did get here eventually! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)