Saturday, 1 June 2013

baby paintbox quilt all finished

I sewed the last of the binding on the baby quilt today and, oh my goodness, I am so happy with it. I LOVE it!

Here's the rest of the story of the quilt.

First I pinned the quilt top to the fleece backing.

After the first set of diagonals had been sewn.

Sewing the second set of diagonals.

Pinning the binding on to the back - it had already been machine stitched on to the front.

I finished it this morning as we sat outside in the sunshine so I hung it over the washing line to take some photos. But the wind just kept playing with the quilt. (Hello, Debbie! :oD)

Back and forward. (Hello, half of Jason! :oD)

Left and right. (Hello, Rosie! :oD)

A close up of the squares and the quilting.

And the backing with the tartan bee label all sewn on.

I might be just a wee bit biased but I think it's gorgeous and fun and fabulous. I hope the mummy and baby will love it too.

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! With the added bonus of the sun peeping out to show it to its full effect. Well done, it's fantastic. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. I'm really pleased with it. :o)

      Delete
  2. That is so colourful and I love it too. Doesn't the wind like playing with quilts when you're trying to take photos. I had the same trouble last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I waited for the wind to drop enough to take photos, I'd be waiting for a very long time! So I just went with the flow - or maybe it should be "I just went with the breeze"! :oD

      Delete
  3. Wow Anne - I don't think I would be able to give it away! It looks absolutely beautiful and the wind makes it look 'lively'! I do like the photo with little Rosie - she looks like she's wondering what on earth you are doing! Have a lovely sunny Sunday x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. I really like this quilt so I might make another one ... for keeping. :o)

      Delete
  4. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. It looks wonderful floating about in the sunshine. I'm sure both Mum and baby will be made up with it.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I certainly hope so! :o)

      Delete
  5. Were any other quilters looking at it saying "I've got that fabric, I had that fabric, I want that fabric"??!!
    It looks wonderful, and a good stash-buster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I suspect there were, Anne. :o)

      Delete
  6. How lovely! Well done, you! J xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love how bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS gorgeous and fun and fabulous! I love quilts that are simple with big bright squares. Well done Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love it too!!! I'm thrilled we are the recipient of this beautiful quilt and couldn't be happier with it...it goes perfectly in Bodhi's room! And, it also has magical qualities....as soon as we wrap Bo in it, he falls asleep :). A day hasn't gone by without that quilt since you sent it to us!!! Thank you so much :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)