Monday, 10 June 2013

and sew - it begins

I had thought I might keep cutting out more things this week but I had already filled 2 crates so this morning I made myself not cut out any more and get on with the sewing.

Just to keep a tally of what I've got cut out, there are : 17 shopping bags on the left and 12 grocery bags on the right (a different pattern from the other ones) -

15 rectangular oven gloves on the left and 10 round oven gloves on the right -

and 8 pinnies (aprons).

I got 6 of the pinnies done today with only the ties to sew on of the other 2 so not too bad a day sewing wise. I did discover that one of the pinnies had a flaw in the fabric so that one will stay with me - yay! I'll hopefully get photos of those tomorrow so I can show them here and upload them to the tartan bee.

10 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm glad you call them pinnies,as that is what I often say, but a lot of people over here in Oz, don't know what I mean and I try and say apron. Not the same sort of ring a pinny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of my friends in the US had no clue what I was talking about when I spoke about pinnies so I now try to remember to write "(aprons)" so everyone will understand my Scots accent! :oD

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of work you've prepped and it all looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a wee bit daunting! :o)

      Delete
  3. You are sew busy! Can't wait to see the finished results.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I think it might take a while! :o)

      Delete
  4. I love that bunting fabric, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I think I got it in Dunelm Mill. :o)

      Delete
  5. You make me feel very lazy - I haven't sewn a single stitch today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you were busy with other things! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)