Monday, 3 June 2013

a busy tartan bee

I decided that I needed to do some sewing for the tartan bee shop so today I dug out some fabrics and set to with the scissors and rotary cutter. I cut out 14 shopping bags in total!

In today's pile there are 9 straight bags -

- and 5 of the grocery bag pattern which I got here. I'm doing the large size for these ones.

I like all the bags I cut out today but I really love these owls. Aren't they cute?

There are still some fabrics waiting to be cut out so I'll probably do that before I get on with sewing them all up. I can see I'm going to be a really busy tartan bee! :o)

12 comments:

  1. You are certainly going to be busy Anne. Have a nice sewing day. I love the owls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls are adorable! I may need to buy them. The owl lover's birthday is next month (gulp!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The owl fabric is so cute, I might have to go and get some more of it! :o)

      Delete
  3. I love the owls - which reminds me I have owl fabric in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy Tartan bee you've been. I do like the owls but my favourite has to be the purple with
    white spots.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fond of that one too, Ali. I wonder if they'll all end up in the shop or if any will sneak into my kitchen drawer? :oD

      Delete
  5. I love the owl fabric too. So I assume the grocery bags will be different in size then the other bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're a different style of bag. Apparently they're like the ones Target uses but we don't have Target here so I can't confirm or deny that!

      Delete
  6. The owl fabric is so cute, it looks like you're going to be very busy. The Paintbox Quilt on your previous post turned out fabulous, the colours just sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I must admit, it's one of my favourites ... so far! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)