Friday, 17 May 2013

unexpected gifts

Today the postie brought me the most wonderful of packages - some unexpected gifts.

It was from my blogging friend Anne whose blog is called frayed at the edge. (I've always thought that was such a great name!) When Anne returned from her holiday in Majorca this week, she e-mailed me to ask me for my snail mail address as she'd got something she thought I'd like. Oh my goodness! How exciting! And how generous!

The parcel arrived today and this is what was inside - the most enormous, fabulous, stripey bag. I LOVE it!!

There was also a lovely card which, if I'm not mistaken, is made from a photo Anne has taken. How clever!

And, to add even more excitement to my day, Anne had also bought me a salt and pepper set! Oh my goodness. They are just wonderful.

As soon as I'd unwrapped the parcel, I e-mailed Anne to thank her for her lovely unexpected gifts. Thank you again, Anne. You really made my day. :o)

9 comments:

  1. What a surprise and how thoughtful. The S&P are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Susan. A fabulous surprise! :o)

      Delete
  2. I am glad you liked the pressies! If I hadn't called the blog "frayed at the edge", I would have called it "coming apart at the seams"!!
    I've had my first day at the sewing machine since getting home - my shoulders are complaining!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Now that's a great name for a blog! :oD

      I hope your shoulders feel better soon.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful gifts. How lovely and kind. J :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise. I love the hugging salt and pepper shakers.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best, Ali? I love them! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)