Wednesday, 29 May 2013

paintbox quilt

I managed to get the baby quilt top finished this morning. Oh my goodness, isn't it fabulous?

Is it just me or does it remind you of the paintboxes you used to get as a child? I LOVE it!

I didn't put the fleece on the back as I had a pile of ironing to do. I could easily have left the ironing and done the quilt but I hate having huge piles of ironing and I wanted to get that done before it got any bigger. I also always feel so self-righteous, somehow, when the ironing basket is empty - a great feeling! :oD

I might do the fleecing (!!) of the quilt tomorrow but I have a few more dressmaking plans for myself so I might make a start to those. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Some days you feel like quilting and other days you feel like dressmaking. :o)

10 comments:

  1. That is great and yes, it does remind of those old paintboxes. That certainly takes one back a bit.
    I know the feeling of doing things you must do, but sometimes don't want to. I always have to get the necessary stuff out of the way before I start any sort of craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it goes back to childhood when we weren't allowed to do fun things until the chores were done. :o)

      Delete
  2. Wow Anne that looks tip top - looking forward to seeing it finished. I wish I shared the same ironing ethos - mine is 'hide it in a separate room until we run out of things to wear' at the moment - must try harder! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that too! Now I realise that the ironing isn't going to do itself - and nobody else around here's going to do it either - so it's me or nobody! *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's beautiful. It's brought back memories of paint boxes I had as a child, you don't tend to see them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be kind of sad if they didn't make those paintboxes anymore. You always knew which colour you liked best - red - because it was always finished first!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it reminds me to of those paintboxes. It looks fabulous. Have fun whatever you decide to do on the sewing front.
    ps, I'm feeling virtuos as the ironing basket is empty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started quilting along diagonal lines. Only 18 more lines to go!

      Delete
  5. I love the paint box quilt, it really does look like there should be a canvas nearby. Ironing?! Could you quilt an eraser to see if that will do the trick?! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Now wouldn't that be good if that worked! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)