Saturday, 18 May 2013

it's my turn!

Today it's my turn to have a birthday. Apparently, I'm 58 today but I don't think that can be right, can it??

I got lots of wonderful gifts. I took photos of all of them but some of those photos haven't come out very well so I'll retake them in better light and show you those another day.

First of all I got some books. I LOVE cookery books and craft books so these made me very happy!

I got a rotating cutting mat. I know this will come in very handy - it'll at least stop me using my rotary cutter with my left hand which is an accident waiting to happen!!

Joanna got me (amongst many other things) a pair of blue shoes. Aren't they fab-u-lous??

We - I - decided not to go out for sconnage today but to stay in for sconnage instead. Debbie made these scones and they were better than anything we would have had out, that's for sure!

Can't beat home made scones with home made jam! Delish!!

Then for tea tonight, we had a joint birthday tea for both Joanna and me. We had sandwiches - 3 kinds, sticky toffee crispy cakes, sausage rolls, lemon cupcakes, tiffin and meg's biscuits. (The photo's a wee bit out of focus but you get the gist of it, I'm sure.) Oh and, yes, those are Christmas crackers. We had 5 left over from Christmas time and, since there were 5 of us here for our birthday tea, we used them up. Great fun!

Happy Birthday to me! :oD

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Anne!! What a lovely spread and some lovely presents. Wow, don't I wish that I was only 58. I've got a few years on you.
    Cameras not working properly must be the thing of the moment. As you could see from my pics, mine is a wee bit out of focus too. I might invest in a new one. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. My photos were bad because the light was so bad. It was such a dark and dismal day on Saturday - weatherwise - that is could have been November instead of May!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday. Looks like a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Anne! It looks and sounds like you had the perfect day. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. I did have a perfect day - even if it did pour with rain! :o)

      Delete
  4. 58 is the new 21 don't you know! Looks like you've been treated splendidly - love the shoes - happy birthday! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you, squashed tomatoes and stew, bread and butter in the gutter, happy birthday to you!
    Your birthday tea looks scrumptious! I have two of those books and a revolving mat - we obviously are Annes of exquisite matching tastes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's obviously so true, Anne! :oD

      Delete
  6. Happy belated! (Still the 19th in my timezone, guess we're slowpokes, hee hee.) Glad you had a lot of fun on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated B-day wishes! Those shoes are cute and they look comfy, are they? And who made all the goodies for the tea spread? It looks so sinful and bad for the butt line! rofl It's interesting but I've been seeing so many people with those "tea" serving plates.... I've seen some here and I've debated one, they'd be nice for taking up less space when putting out goodies I'd think???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Les. Both of those cake servers are really old. One came from an old Auntie who died about 30 years ago and the other came from my mum who wanted to get rid of it and asked me if I wanted it. (Silly question!!) They do take up less space on the table but finding cupboard space for them can be tricky ... or maybe I have too much stuff in my cupboards? Naw, can't be that! :oD

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Am just back from hols & catching up on my reading so sorry I'm a wee bit late. Looks like a fab day with lots of yummy things, and here's to many more happy birthdays. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I hope you had a good holiday - and had better weather than we did here! :o)

      Delete
  9. Happy belated Birthday!! I am so behind on all things blog related. I wish I would have sent you your birthday wishes on the actual day but it looks like you had a truly lovely day. Best wishes to you for another fabulous year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. No worries about being late with your happy birthday message! I'm all for having a birthday week rather than just one day! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)