Wednesday, 22 May 2013

denim skirt and doggies

I realised today that I hadn't shown off the finished denim skirt which I showed in its cut out stage here. Well, here it is in all its glory.

And can I just say - I LOVE it! It is so comfortable and easy to wear. I can see myself re-making this skirt again and again. In case anyone's interested, it's Butterick 5649 .

Oh and I have no idea what's going on with my arm in that photo. It didn't/doesn't look anything like that in real life ... honest! :oD

Now for something completely different. Every single day Molly makes us laugh. She was playing with this toy and the way she had it in her mouth, it looked like she was grinning.

And, because I can't leave Rosie out, here's one of her. Molly maybe makes us laugh but Rosie makes us smile. Who could look at that face and not think "Awwww, isn't she sweet!"?

14 comments:

  1. The skirt looks fab, and it's just dappled light playing on your arm. Both dogs would make me smile too. I'd jut love one as I so adore animals, but hubby isn't an animal person so I just let things be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the dappled light on my arm, Susan. It caught me unaware when I saw it on the photo! I even looked down at my arm as I sat at my computer to make sure it wasn't blotchy! LOL

      Delete
  2. Lovely skirt and I laughed out loud at that pic of the gorgeous grinning Mollie! And yes, wee Rosie melts my heart too :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt. Denim skirts are so versatile. That cut is very flattering and the fact that it is comfy too is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Jan. I find anything teams well with denim which might explain why I've got another one on my cutting table as I type! :oD

      Delete
  4. Love the skirt, and the doggies are just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grinning dog wins the photo prize for making me laugh.
    Love the skirt. It looks a really useful style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Molly is so funny, a grinning doggy. Rosie always melts my heart, you know how much I love Cavvies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, the doggies are so adorable! The smiling one is toooo funny. Hope they enjoyed the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Vanessa, and for taking the time to comment. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)