Friday, 24 May 2013

another skirt

I made another skirt today.

Isn't it fabulous? I think so! The fabric is actually curtain material which I bought on Tuesday. I came home from the shop and immediately washed it to take as much of the "curtain finish" off as I could. It's still a stiffer fabric than dress fabric would be - I wouldn't want to make a blouse out of it - but it's just perfect for a skirt.

The pattern is Butterick 4461 view C - the pinky one in this photo.

I just know I'll be making some of the other views of this one. I *love* it!

14 comments:

  1. It's lovely! That fabric is just perfect - have fun making another one and I look forward to seeing it too.
    Happy weekend,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so lovely - it looks just like the fabric in the picture! Makes me feel summery in spite of the weather! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. I'm hoping that the weather gets better so I get a chance to wear it!

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely Anne. Hope your weather warms up enough to get plenty of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and summery .... I had my linen summer trousers on today, as the sun was shining and it was hot!! We have even switched the heating off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We turned our heating down so that it wouldn't come on ... but, of course, the temperature then dropped and it came on anyway! *sigh*

      Delete
  5. Beautiful - I hope my skirt turns out as well. J :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now as long as we get some sun to go with the skirt's bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jem! I hope it happens soon!

      Delete
  7. I love the fact you've made your skirt from curtain fabric. I also had a peek at your demin skirt, another lovely design. Hope we get a lot more sun so you can enjoy them.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I'm hoping so too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)