Tuesday, 28 May 2013

a new baby quilt

I've started another baby quilt. I can't say who it's for in case she reads this blog. :o)

First of all I cut out all the bits:

Then I sewed on the white side sashings to make blocks ...

... which then came together in rows. (No photo of that stage for some reason!)

Next I pinned the white sashing on to the bottom edge of each row. Rows 1 and 2 have their sashings sewn on ...

... whilst rows 3 to 9 are waiting for tomorrow.

I hope to get all the rows done and stitched together tomorrow and maybe even get the fleece pinned on to the back ready for quilting. Fun times! :o)

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished project. I keep saying it, but I really must learn how to do this. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing patchworking - it's a completely different craft from dressmaking but, at the same time, it's somehow just the same. :o)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Chel, can't wait to see what it will turn out like. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good!! Lovely bright colours, just the thing for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright colours in baby quilts - it makes the quilt more interesting for the baby, and the mum ... and the maker! :oD

      Delete
  4. Such lovely bright colours for a baby! The recipient will love it! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love all the bright colours.

    J :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)