Thursday, 2 May 2013

52 weeks of happy - week 17

First of all, thank you to all of you who sympathised with me for catching the dreaded lurgy. I still have it but it's getting better every day so, hopefully, that's it on the way out. Hooray!! :o)

Here are my (slightly delayed) 4 happy photos for this week.

1. I finally got some stuff sewn for the tartan bee shop - and got them loaded in as well. Yay! (This is just one of the things I loaded - check out the shop to see the bags I made.)

2. We were out for snack on Saturday so, of course, I had to take a photo of the sconnage. ("Sconnage" is a term which Anne at frayed at the edge uses. It's appropriate considering it's a scone in my photo so that's what I'm calling it too!) :o)

3. Douglas added a plank of wood under the legs of my sewing table which has raised the table by about 2". It's amazing what adding 2" to the height has done for me. I worked at the table all yesterday afternoon and didn't have one twinge in my back. Fabulous!

4. This bookcase had been sitting at the top of our stairs for about a week waiting for something to happen to it. I decided to put it in the sewing room. I don't really have room for it - it's sitting right in front of the radiator - but, hey, who cares about heat? I wasn't sure what to put on the shelves and then I moved the fat quarters over. Oh my goodness I *love* it. They do need tidied up but isn't it fab? I think so!

14 comments:

  1. Yum yum, that scone looks delicious, naughty but very tempting. Love the bag, it's colours are very spring like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The scone was delicious and naughty so it's a good thing I don't do it every day! :oD

      Delete
  2. I love your happy things. I agree that both the scone and the fq's look fabulous. That was actually a lot of stuff happening during a week when you did not feel well. I was impressed. Take care of yourself. I hope that dreaded stuff leaves you once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly all gone now, Jan, thanks. I even managed not to get a chesty cough so I'm feeling quite pleased about that!

      Delete
  3. Glad your feeling better and up to going out for a "snack". Love the little bag, but won't your timber crack in front of the heater on that bookcase? I hope to get a new cutting table soon, as my back aches when using my rotary cutter at my "old child's desk".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the bookcase is just made of plywood so it's not that big of a deal if it does crack. It was destined to go out and sit in the garage so I reckon, if it had feelings, it would be quite glad to be in the warm sewing room instead! :oD

      Delete
  4. A good slice of happiness, that scone looks very tasty. The bookcase looks like it belongs there, the fabric makes it so colourful, very pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I still haven't tidied the fabrics but I'll get to it ... eventually! :oD

      Delete
  5. There's some serious happy! Especially the sconnage -- Yummmmmm! I love the cute little bag you made for the shop -- very pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. Sconnage is very yummmm! It's a good thing it doesn't happen too often! :oD

      Delete
  6. Love your little bag and the shelves are looking good with all of your yummy fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sue. I still haven't tidied those shelves! *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm loving the term sconnage. It would suit my hubby as he can never just have one. Your bookcase looks wonderful, lots of lovely fabric.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sconnage" is a great word! I think "cakeage" would make a good word as well ... "biscuitage" not so much! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)