Saturday, 27 April 2013

the dreaded lurgy

I'm feeling just a teeny bit sorry for myself as I've caught the dreaded lurgy that Joanna and Douglas had/have. I warned them that there was no way they were to pass said lurgy on to me until after the 2 concerts I was singing in. The second of those concerts took place on Tuesday evening and, since I managed to get to Friday feeling just fine, I thought I'd managed to escape it.

Wrong! Now I have the thumping head, the runny nose and I won't be surprised if I get a cough in the next few days. Ahhh the joys!! I'm off to sit/lie on the couch with a cup of tea, my book and a box of tissues. Let's hope this goes away soon!

Apologies for not replying to the comments on my last post. Let me just thank you all here for taking the time to comment and hopefully I'll be back up to speed really soon.

15 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Let it never be said that your family don't share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne - I'm just coming out the other end - it's miserable and you have every right to sit and mope about a bit. Sending some get well hugs x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery to be up and about real soon! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was being generous! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of huggles from the other side of the world. Get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I hope you have a good stack of quilty magazines to leaf thru, a pile of favorite movies (Jane Austen is my go-to girl!), and someone to bring you gallons of hot tea with honey. ...and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the recommendation for movies, especially Jane Austen ones! Feel better quickly, Anne!

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. Stay cosy on the couch.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne I am sorry you caught it! I wish I could bring you a pot of chicken soup. Stay warm and cozy, rest, and drink lots of tea with honey. Warm wishes for a speedy recovery being sent from me to you. (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you are under the weather... take care of yourself and I hope you'll feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you're under the weather but immensely relieved to know that you were strong enough to resist until your concerts were well and truly behind you. That's dedication! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne I really feel for you as I am suffering myself. It's awful, knocks you off your feet, and now it has reached my throat giving the feeling of barbed wire! I do hope you feel much better soon. Lots of hot toddies!! Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not good to read that you're feeling poorly - hope you're up & about again soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)