Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Grace

Today a lovely pink box came into my possession.

Inside it there was some tissue paper ...

And under the tissue paper lay ... Grace.

Isn't she adorable? I think so!

My main idea is to make clothes for Grace and then, if they turn out well enough, I'd like to sell them in the tartan bee shop. I always used to make clothes for Debbie's and Joanna's dollies when they were small and loved every minute of it so I'm hoping that now - 30 years later!! - I might enjoy it just as much. I have a lot of pattern drafting to do before any of that happens though so, in the meantime, I dug out some dolly knitting patterns from all those years ago and started knitting Grace a cardigan.

I foresee some fun times ahead! :o)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! That sounds fun, and as you see from my icon, I still have my original doll (c.1956) and her little cardigan is long gone. I'm not sure I have any knitting patterns for one, so I must go through them. Your doll is lovely. Have you ever knitted a dress for a Barbie? Fiddly, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used to knit clothes for my own Tressy doll - similar in size and stature to Barbie. I also made many clothes for my girls' Barbies when they were wee. Those were the days! :oD

      Delete
  2. That's neat about sewing for the doll and then selling them. Will you market just for that doll type or will it cover several types of dolls? Can't wait to see what you come up with for her. I can see a nice 2013 Spring/Summer collection coming soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, I'm only thinking of making for this dolly as I can try the clothes on her to make sure they fit. Having said that, I've done some googling and this doll is similar in size to the American Girl doll so any clothes I might come up with might fit those too.

      Delete
  3. Oh she is beautiful, is she one of the American dolls? I love to make clothes for my Tangkou dolls :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very similar to the American Girl dolls - but much cheaper! I got her in Argos - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9059863.htm

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)