Wednesday, 3 April 2013

blouses and dolls' clothes

I've cut out some more blouses for Joanna - 4 in total - and started making them today. Here are the front facings and collars all with their interfacings ironed on.

It'll take me a few days to get these finished but I'm happy that they're started and even happier that all of the fabrics except one came from my pile as did the interfacing and the buttons and threads! The one fabric that didn't come from the pile - the white one - was paid for by Joanna so, really, all four of them fit into my "use what I have" thing.

After me getting Grace yesterday, Debbie went up into the attic to find the box of her dollies and their clothes. It was fun to see those clothes again - and the dollies! Needless to say, after 20 odd years of being stored away, the clothes needed washed so she did that today. I didn't think she should tumble dry them so they got hung in the drying cupboard instead. How fun!

By the way, some people asked me what kind of dolly Grace is. I got her in Argos - Grace - but she seems to be quite similar in size and looks to the American Girl dolls.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Anne, I'm just doing a bit of blog catch up and was so glad to see that your Mum's so much better. I love how the placemats have turned out and I'm very tempted to have a go at my own. The Grace doll is really pretty and I can't wait to see the outfits you create. I'm impressed with the four blouses your making. Maybe you should have applied for The Great British Sewing Bee, especially as your the Tartan Bee :) Take care.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I would never put myself through something like the Sewing Bee programme. I would never have got through the A-line skirt part as, even after all the years I've sewn, I still need to have the instructions beside me when I sew in an invisible zip! :oD

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what clothes you make for Grace, she's going to be the best dressed doll around. Eleanor's dolls and loads of clothes are still in boxes in the playroom, I'm going to have to go through them all, there's so many toys in there that I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have boxes of toys and games in our attic and our girls are now 32 and 30. I keep hoping they'll take them to their own houses ... maybe one day! :oD

      Delete
  3. I love your new doll, and I'm looking forward to seeing the clothes you make. Maybe I should get a doll, then I could make all the frilly and smocked dresses I never got to make, as I only have a son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should, Anne. I never made smocked dresses for my girls but I think I made everything else! :oD

      Delete
  4. They look cute on the clotheshorse.
    Do you make up most of the patterns yourself? Happy sewing on the blouses, not my favourite clothing to make any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will make up any patterns I sew, Susan. I have some in my collection that I made for the girls' dollies when they were wee so I'll either use those or, if they won't fit Grace, I'll adapt them so that they do. :o)

      Delete
  5. We are never too old to "play" with dolls! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)