Sunday, 7 April 2013

3 things - March's report

At the beginning of the year, I challenged myself to do 3 things this year. How did I get on in March? Let's see.

Thing 1 - do not buy magazines.
This is getting easier to do as I don't even look at magazines any more.
March Result: Thing 1 done.

Thing 2 - use what I have.
I did buy some scrap bags but it was with tartan bee money so that's allowable according to me! :oD
March Result: Thing 2 done.

Thing 3 - I'm going to do the "52 weeks of happy" thing.
I was a week late with week 12 because of Mum falling and ending up in hospital for a few days. I did a double post the next week, though, so I'm all caught up again so I'm counting this one as done too.
March Result: Thing 3 done.

And for this month's funny photo. When Debbie got the dollies and their clothes down from the attic the other day, she also brought down the dressing up clothes. For some reason, Joanna thought Molly would look good in a gold lamé waistcoat. Molly doesn't look so sure about that! :oD

10 comments:

  1. I don't buy quilting magazines anymore but I do look at the covers... very rarely tempted tho. I'm also using my stash for projects this year and have managed to make it without a trip to the LQS yet. I will have to make a run at some point... I'm going to run outta the basic thread I use for piecing!

    I'm enjoying your happy things posting... always makes me smile!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thread is an essential part of any kind of sewing, Freda, so I don't think buying more should count against us in our "use what you have" thing! :o)

      Delete
  2. What a woeful look!! I try not to buy magazines, but can't help myself with the beautiful English home magazines and some of the new craft or garden ones. I don't buy many quilt ones anymore, but I still love buying the odd quilt book. We do have to have some vices, don't we? I don't smoke or drink, so this is keeping me out of mischief. Hope Mum is still mending OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing I mainly object to about magazines, Susan, is the price. I mean, some of them here are so expensive, you'd be better buying a "real" book. :o)

      Delete
  3. Poor Molly! Good for you for getting your 3 things done! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She looks so "put-upon", doesn't she? :oD

      Delete
  4. Well done Anne - and well done Molly for humouring the humans! I find I don't buy as many magazines but am spending more time on the laptop - is that bad? It's certainly cheaper! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Och no, it's not bad. After all, you're saving money on the magazines! :oD

      Delete
  5. Poor Molly! I have bought a couple of magazines, but given the extent of my previous habit, that is good going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Anne. It wouldn't have been so bad if I bought one a month but sometimes it was more like one a week - or more - and that fairly adds up over time!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)