Thursday, 28 March 2013

she's home!

I went and collected Mum from the hospital this afternoon. She's not as steady on her feet as she could be but, after all, she's got Parkinson's disease and is 84 years old so, as I keep telling her, she's doing marvellously well for her age! And she won't be trying any Laurel and Hardy type dancing any time soon - hopefully!

Anyway, she's home and settled in front of the television with her slippers on and watching whatever takes her fancy. She has the phone right by her hand and she's promised to phone me if she needs anything. I'm only 3 minutes away in the car so it's not a problem for me to go and help her out if/when she needs me.

I'm so glad that she's home - and so is she! - and I've told her to stay out of the garage. She said she would but I know what she's like so we'll see how long that lasts!

Thank you all again for all your lovely comments. They've certainly kept me going this week. I hope to get back to reading blogs and commenting myself soon but there's a lot of houseworky things that haven't been done around here this week that I really get done. Soon. Maybe. ;o)

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear she is settled and well x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is home and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that she is home and doing well! I have no doubts that she will stay safe and well under your tender loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she's home, given the horror stories of how old people are treated in hospital these days!! I am sure she will enjoy being spoiled by you ...... and you will enjoy spoiling her .... after the fright of her accident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very glad to hear your dear mother is home and that you're only 3 mins from her. Hope her recovery continues smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that your mama is home & doing well. Wishing you & yours a very happy & blessed Easter,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you mother is home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you Mum's home and that you are so close. We wish all your family a Happy Easter, although belated, as we have just arrived home from Canberra where we spent Easter with our son, partner and 2 grandchildren. Looking forward to your chatty blogs returning.










    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your Mother's ok. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)