Wednesday, 6 March 2013

more pinnies and bags

I spent some time yesterday cutting out some more pinnies (aprons) and bags. This was how they all looked this morning when I went into the sewing room - pinnies at the front, bags at the back.

By the end of the afternoon, 6 pinnies were ready for the hand-finishing:

The bags and their linings were all ready for their corners to be boxed:

Some of the bag handles were still waiting to be sewn up:

And these 2 pinnies were just sitting there because I didn't have any thread that matched the blue ties. Out of all the threads I have in my sewing room - and I have LOADS of the stuff - not one matched that blue! Un-be-leeev-able!

All in all, a very busy and productive day. :o)

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I'm hoping for another one like it soon! :o)

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of cutting in a day. Isn't that how it always goes we have everything but that one thing we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe that I didn't have the right colour of thread. I even searched through my overlocking threads but there wasn't one there either!

      Delete
  3. What kind of stuff are those ties made from? They look very sturdy and would probably work a lot better for drawstrings for my yoga pants than scrap fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ties are made from herringbone twill tape, Rainy. It comes in various widths and colours in my local shop. It'd be perfect for holding your yoga pants up! I'm pretty sure you should be able to get it over the pond. :o)

      Delete
  4. Great Victor Meldrew impression there. You're so productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I knew someone would recognise Victor's words! :oD

      Delete
  5. That looks like a very fruitful and productive day - looking forward to seeing them all made up! Well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are so busy and so lucky to be doing something you really love (and others love too!). Have a great productive weekend. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic lot of jobs done! Way to go! ...as for the threads, well ain't that just par for the course... I've been there many times myself! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I'm glad it's not just me who sometimes doesn't have the right colour of threads! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)