Tuesday, 26 March 2013

lots going on

Yesterday my 84 year old mum fell in her garage and gave herself a nasty cut on the back of her head. Douglas and I took her to the Accident and Emergency as I knew the gash needed more than me just cleaning it up. Sure enough, she (eventually) got 4 metal staples in the wound and they kept her in overnight just to keep an eye on her. I sent Douglas away after a couple of hours and called him for a lift home when she was settled for the night - four and a half hours after our arrival. Got to love A & E - not!

To say that my mind just isn't on blogging or happy photos or anything else for that matter is an understatement. I'm so tired I can barely string 2 words together and people around me are having to repeat things repeatedly (!) to me to make sure I'm paying attention.

This morning I've been in to mum's house to clean up the mess and to put the tea she was cooking at the time of her fall in the bin. Telling myself "it's just red liquid" repeatedly as I cleaned up the mess didn't help much. So much blood. :o(

Anyway, I just wanted people to know why I'm not here, or answering e-mails or commenting on blogs, or replying to my commenters. God willing, Mum will get home today but we just have to wait and see what happens next.

11 comments:

  1. (((((Anne)))))

    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's accident! What a terrible experience for all of you! I will be praying for you dear mother and hope that she will be able to come home today. I'll also be thinking of you, dear friend, as you weather this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awful shock for you all. I do hope your mother can return home today and have some love and attention for the ones she loves. You make sure you have a rest too so that the shock can be absorbed and you can move on with spoiling her. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that sounds like a nasty fall, Anne. I do hope your mum manages to get home today, I think all you want is your own home when something like that's happened. Take care of yourself too, it must have been a terrible shock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something like this is always such a shock. Hope your mum makes a good recovery and is home later. Sounds like you need some time just to slow down and process and have one of those hugs from up there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope your Mum's making a good recovery. It must have been quite a shock for you both. I hope your also feeling better. Don't worry about blogland. It's much more important you and your Mum are ok. Take care.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care and many hugs from Staffordshire x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne, that was awful for you. I do hope your Mum makes a full recovery and you take care of yourself too, as that is just as important. Lots of huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lord. How awful. Hope you are all feeling steady again soon. My Mum is in hospital at the moment too so I can so relate to the "not feeling chatty" idea. Take care of yourselves and hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she came home today and that she's feeling better. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne I'm really sorry to hear about your mother's fall. I hope she's able to come home from the hospital soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Anne, so sorry to read of your mum's fall - thank God you are close by. Wishing her a good and speedy recovery & hope she's up & about again soon. Hope you managed to get some sleep too.
    Sending you happy thoughts and hugs,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)