Friday, 15 March 2013

I spent it!

I took the drawstring bags to choir rehearsal last night and S was deeee-lighted with them. She told me she couldn't wait to get home so she could fill them with the percussion instruments. Job well done!

The money she paid me for the bags didn't stay in my purse for long. I spent it all this morning when we went out for coffee. Of course, the fact that we had said coffee/tea & scones in the craft shop meant it was hardly surprising that I spent all my earnings from the bags.

What did I buy? 4 bags of scrap pieces. I *love* these bags. It's like a lucky bag of sweets we sometimes got when we were children. You never knew what would be in the bag but you know it would be good! And these scraps were very good!

I also bought some of their sale price fat quarters. I love all of these!

Now I need to think of a way to organise my fat quarters so they don't all fall over when I pull one from the bottom of the pile. I'm thinking of standing them up in plastic boxes which would mean they would all need re-folded so that they stood with the fold at the top. I wonder if that will happen any time soon?

13 comments:

  1. I knew she would love them. Those new fabrics are so pretty. I am sure you will have fun turning them into one of your gorgeous creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Softie. I've no plans for them yet but half the fun is making the plans!

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous fabrics, there's some really lovely designs there. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no doubt the drawstring bags would be loved... and what a great way to invest your earnings! I love scrap bags, too... just one surprise after another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each bag was full of lovely surprises! :o)

      Delete
  4. The fabrics you bought are so colourful. I would get one of those old filing drawers, I'm trying to remember the size but they used to hold postcard size card with addresses on. the name of them escapes me, but how organised would that be?! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good plan, Chel. I've managed to get them all into 4 plastic boxes so at least they're tidy-ish (!) for now. :o)

      Delete
  5. Hi Anne,

    I checked out that Be Ro site. Thanks for the address! Impressive that it has been going forever! I saw that they have an updated book. It is a bummer that they will only allow it to be ordered in the U.K. otherwise I would have purchased it. Very cool site though thank you for recommending it.

    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised they didn't send the books out of the UK, Jan. That is a bit strange - especially when the books aren't exactly heavy!

      Delete
    2. I know. It is kind of strange. I mean the purchaser would pay for the postage any ways!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad the bags were appreciated and the fabrics you bought look great. I'm trying not to buy fabric as I have a huge stash and must use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm doing quite well in my "use what I have" thing this year. I haven't bought nearly as much fabric as I usually would have! I hope you manage to use up your stash - or at least some of it! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)