Wednesday, 13 March 2013

drawstring bags and some re-organising

I sewed some drawstring bags yesterday.

They were for a commission from the musical director of the choir I sing in.

She wanted 2 drawstring bags big enough to take a tambourine and other small percussion intruments for when she teaches young children. I used fabric and cord that I already had in my bid to "use what I have". I hope she likes them. I know I do! :o)

After I'd tidied up after sewing those bags, I wondered what I could fill the 2 empty cubbies in the sewing room with. I showed them here. I had an idea but I needed to tidy some things that I don't use too often into boxes on top of the shelves.

I labelled them all so I know exactly what's in each box.

By doing all that, I managed to clear another couple of cubbies and this is what I filled them with. My tartan bee stock!

I even made a wee label for those shelves too. I *love* it! :o)

14 comments:

  1. You're just so organised, I hang my head in my messy shame :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You wouldn't think that if you saw the rest of my house! :oD

      Delete
  2. Lovely bags - I'm sure they'll go down very well x I think you could hire your organisational skills out - I know I'd certainly be queueing up! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how good I'd be at organising other people's spaces - although it might be interesting to try it!

      Delete
  3. Those are great drawstring bags... your friend is sure to love them!

    Look at you with that organization... wished my closet looked like that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my own wardrobe looked like this, Freda! :oD

      Delete
  4. You're so organised, how I wish I could be the same. Love the bags, I'm sure they'll be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bags were well received. She was so excited to get home to pack them with her instruments!

      Delete
  5. I loove the bags! Do yoy remember the tv proggramme "The House Doctor" ..... you could go rounnd telling people how to organise their sewing rooms - I am sure you could make a fortune!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that programme. It never ceased to amaze me how people who were trying to sell their houses didn't even tidy them! Ewwwww!

      Delete
  6. Those bags are just lovely. Well done and how organised are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It's only those shelves that are so well organised! :o)

      Delete
  7. Oh great idea for utilizing that shelf space. I am sure she will really enjoy those bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved the bags! And was happy to pay me too. Perfect result! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)