Monday, 4 March 2013

52 weeks of happy - week 9

Here are my 4 photos for this week.

1. I just have to include the Christmas quilt as it really did make me happy this week. It's still not been put away yet because I just love looking at it!

2. The next 2 photos make me happy because spring is definitely showing its face around these parts. My daffodils are not far from opening.

3. And the crocuses are out bringing some much needed colour to the garden. I expect the wee birds will eat them soon but, in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy them.

4. Two empty cubbies in my sewing room make me really happy.

I went through my fabrics and gave some to Debbie and Joanna. I didn't give away too much fabric but a wee bit of refolding meant I ended up with this empty space. I'm not planning on filling these cubbies with more fabric ... but then you know what Rabbie Burns said about the best laid plans of mice and men! :oD

6 comments:

  1. Your spring bulbs are further on than mine, I don't think mine want to show their faces this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had very little snow this winter so maybe that's why were further ahead than you are, Jo. Scotland is usually a month behind England as far as growing things goes so it makes a change for us to be ahead of you! :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh I do so LOVE your Christmas quilt! If your weather was anything like ours today - sunny, blue skies and a top temp of 14C ;-) it won't be long before those daffies open.
    And well done on clearing a space on your shelves - I really need to do that too!
    Have a happy week,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what our temperature was, Gilly, but it was definitely a nice day here today so maybe those daffies will bloom soon.

      Delete
  3. I envy those bulbs ready to bloom. I think it is great that you included your Christmas quilt. It is beautiful and you should be super proud. Good luck with keeping those cubbies v
    clear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the beautiful snowy photos on your blog the other day, Softie. I'm sure when that all melts, you'll have some bulbs ready to come through as well. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)