Sunday, 24 February 2013

not one but three!!

I was delighted this week to be given the Liebster blogging award by not one person, not two but three! Wow! So chuffed!

The "rules" of the Liebster award are that I have to tell you 11 random facts about myself. Then answer the 11 questions that my nominators asked. And then nominate 11 blogs that I read for the award.

As you'll see from number 4 of my random facts about myself, I don't obey rules very well so, I'm going to change things slightly. I'm only giving you 11 random facts - not 33! (I bet you're quite glad about that. I know I am! LOL) I'll answer all 33 questions because that was fairly easy. But I'm not going to nominate any blogs. Not because I don't think the blogs I read are worthy of nomination by any means. I just couldn't choose so I'm leaving that part undone.

Okay, here we go.

Eleven random facts about me.

1. I LOVE my spiky hair.
2. I wear coloured or patterned socks. Plain black socks are not for me!
3. I collect salt & pepper sets.
4. I don't obey rules very well.
5. When I was young I wanted to be an archeologist. For my 12th birthday, a friend of my mum's bought me a "Teach Yourself Archeology"book. To say it was as dry as dust is an understatement so I gave up that idea pretty quickly.
6. If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes.
7. I've been married for 33 years - 34 in September. As one of my cousins said to my Mum and Dad on their golden wedding anniversary "you get less for murder"! :oD
8. I collect cookery books - mostly I just look at the photos!
9. I can't drink alcohol because of the medicines I take but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
10. In my 5th year at high school, I dropped the cymbals at a school concert - the leather tie came undone so I didn't really drop it. The trumpet player started to laugh then the rest of the orchestra joined in and so did the audience but the conductor was not amused.
11. I laugh at silly things. My comment on this photo from our holiday in Paris in 2008 always makes me giggle. The comment? "does size matter?". I'm sure these guys are checking out their - em - wares and are not impressed. tee hee

* * * * *

My first Liebster award came from Softie who blogs here. Go visit her. I know she'd be delighted to see you.

Here are the 11 questions from Softie.

1.Where would you travel to for your dream vacation?
Somewhere warm (but not too hot) with some interesting museums to visit.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Vanilla ice cream - but the one made by a local Italian family. It's so delicious!
3. Do you prefer mountain views or ocean views?
I love both.
4. In how many different places have you lived?
I've only lived in Scotland but I've lived in 6 different towns/cities.
5. Which do you prefer a wedding band or wedding set?
I have an engagement ring and a wedding ring - is that a wedding set?
6. Did you have any input in choosing your wedding ring or was it a surprise?
I was there and tried it on with my engagement ring to make sure it looked okay.
7. Saver or spender?
A wee bit of both.
8. What is your favorite film or movie?
I have so many but, if I had to choose, it would probably be "You've Got Mail"
9. Vintage or Modern?
I don't mind vintage as long as it's not shabby but I wouldn't choose to buy it myself.
10. Do you have a favorite quote?
Yes. It always makes me laugh. "Don't criticise someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away ... and you have their shoes!!". :oD
11. What made you laugh or smile the most this week?
The antics of the dogs. They're like children egging each other on and hoping they won't be the one caught in the act!

* * * * *

The second Liebster award came from Gilly who blogs here. Again, I know she'd be pleased to have you visit her.

1. What's your favourite animal ?
Rosie, our dog.

2. Sweet stuff or savoury ?
Sweet.
3. Where in the world is the best place you've been to ?
The Grand Canyon was a-ma-zing. I'd love to go back for another look.
4. Do you still live in your country of birth ?
Yes.
5. Which of your hobbies/crafts/talents is your favourite ?
Sewing although I love singing in a choir as well but I don't do that as much as I sew.
6. Hot & sunny or cold & snowy ?
Can it be warm and sunny, please? Not too hot.
7. Dogs or cats ?
Dogs.
8. What simple things make you happy ?
Drinking a cuppa whilst reading a book.
9. Town, country or by the seaside ?
We live in a town by the seaside and I love being in the country so all of the above.
10. The book or the movie ?
Usually the book.
11. Are you an Adventurer or a Homebody ?
I do like adventures but I'm always happy to get home.

* * * * *

And my third Liebster award came from Plain Jane who blogs here. Again, go and visit her blog. She'll be happy to see you all.

1. If you could only have two courses of a three course meal which ones would they be?
Main course and dessert. Can't resist desserts!
2. Choose three words to sum you up.
Caring, crafty, cuddly.
3. Which film last made you cry?
Apollo 13 always makes me cry when we're waiting for them to come through the earth's atmosphere. Even though I know they do - sorry if I just gave the game away!! - I'm always sitting there with tears in my eyes!
4. What animal would you most like to be and why?
A dog in a loving family because they don't have to do much and they get fed and cuddled regularly.
5. Is there a smell that takes you back to your childhood?
Peat fires. We didn't have them but my Granny and Grandad did and now, when I smell a peat fire, I'm instantly back in their house.
6. What would your Desert Island disc be?
Elbow's "One Day Like This".
7. Where do you most like to be?
My sewing room or my kitchen or anywhere I can sit and read a book.
8. Potatoes - chipped, mashed or roasted?
Yes please. And baked too. I LOVE potatoes.
9. What quality do you most admire in others?
Good manners.
10. Sky dive or bungy jump?
Good grief, no! Never ever ever!
11. What 'words of wisdom' would you pass on to others?
Be polite.

* * * * *

Now, if you're still here, I think you deserve an award! Thanks so much to Softie, Gilly and Jane for giving me these awards. I really do appreciate it. :o)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards, very well deserved. I enjoyed learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes sense why I love to read your blog so much. We have so many things in common. Love spiky hair, love patterned socks, love the grand canyon, I own You've Got Mail & love it, can't resist dessert ....I had never heard that quote but it made me laugh! I need to share that one with my husband. He will love it. I am off to visit the other 2 blogs. Thanks for answering the questions I really enjoyed getting to know you better. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed answering the questions, Sofite. Thanks again for nominating me.

      Delete
  3. Oh I nearly missed this post. I think I'm following far too many blogs. Congratulations and thanks for answering all those questions. I've certainly learnt a lot about you. You obviously have a great sense of humour and the photo really tickled me.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you thought the photo was funny, Ali. I giggle every time I see it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)