Now, when I get time to make the marmalade, I can just go to the freezer, dig out one of the bags and get on with it. I just need to put the bits of orange into the food processor and whizz them until they're small and that's actually easier if they've been frozen so I've just made my marmalade making life a good bit easier by doing this. Yay!
Today I got my act together and used my new Twister tool to cut out the new squares for the Christmas quilt. I then joined them into rows.
The next step is to sew those rows together. Then I'll see how big it is before I decide if I want to add borders to it.
After doing the quilt, I messed about with my prototype bag pattern which I talked about here. I've now got my sizes worked out and these are the fabrics I'm going to use.
I've had that lime green cotton for years and always look at it wondering when I was going to find a use for it. It's the perfect match for the green in the circles fabric so it'll be ideal for the inside of this bag. If it all works out well, I hope to get some into the tartan bee shopsoon. Watch this space! :o)