Friday, 15 February 2013

9 bags, 1 quilt top and 7 blocks

Today I got the 9 shopping bags finished. When I ironed them, the iron left a very slight mark on one of the owl bags so I've decided to keep that one for myself - don't want to sell anything that I'm not 100% happy with. The bags aren't in the tartan bee shop yet but hopefully I'll get them loaded in this weekend.

Then I sewed all the rows together of the Christmas quilt top. This is it all neatly folded up as I don't have plans for doing the quilting of it any time soon. I'll do that nearer Christmas.

And next I got more blocks ready to make Great Granny Square blocks for Jo's quilt. I have 9 already made and reckoned that I could make a decent sized quilt with 16 - if I add sashings and borders to them. So, here are the next 7 blocks ready and waiting to be sewn together.

All in all, I had a fun sewing/cutting out day today! :o)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You HAVE been busy! Love the fabrics for your bags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting so much accomplished! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy little Tartan bee! Your bags are lovely, and your Christmas quilt looks gorgeous - well done!
    Have a happy weekend,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so productive. I love the owl fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shopping bags, Anne. What a great idea! Quilting is another one of those things I'd love to do. I have a bunch of old t-shirts from the kids that I'd love to use to make a quilt. Someday... You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,

    Wow that is a lot of sewing! It really looks good. You have such a talent. I wanted you to know that I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. I have posted about it on my blog today with questions for you if you want to participate. I know these things aren’t for everyone but I really love your blog and wanted to give you an award. Check it out if you would like.
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)