Thursday, 28 February 2013

3 things - February's report

At the beginning of the year, I challenged myself to do 3 things this year. How did I get on in February? Let's see.

Thing 1 - do not buy magazines.
I've managed to do this thing in February mainly because I don't allow myself to go down the magazine aisles when I go shopping. I have picked up a couple of free magazines in the supermarket but, to be honest, most of them are, in my humble opinion, just a waste of paper.
February Result: Thing 1 done.

Thing 2 - use what I have.
I did buy this text fabric but I have now used some of it to make this pincushion so it's not as if I've bought it and piled it in the piles not to be seen for years. (Does it sound like I'm trying to justify that purchase?? :oD) Other than that, I bought some fabric from a sale roll in my local shop and have already listed 2 pinnies made from it in the tartan bee shop which is allowable according to my "rules".
February Result: Thing 2 (sort of) done.

Thing 3 - I'm going to do the "52 weeks of happy" thing.
I have been keeping up with this. You can catch up on all my "52 weeks of happy" posts so far in the page tab at the top of the blog.
February Result: Thing 3 done.

And for this month's funny photo - here's Molly caught in mid-shake after she'd been digging in the garden. She really needs to learn to stop doing that - the digging, not the shaking!

12 comments:

  1. Ha ha, great photo of Molly. Well done on your three things, especially the magazines, it's hard not to just pop one in the trolley when doing the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sneaking the magazines in with the shopping is way too easy! That's why I don't even go down the aisle any more!

      Delete
  2. Well done - you've achieved your yearly goal in two months! Molly is obviously very proud of you x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Molly is shaking her head because she doesn't believe I can keep it going for the whole year. :oD

      Delete
  3. Great job on the three things. I bought a magazine on my last shopping trip. I go in fits and spurts with magazines. There are 3 I subscribe to so I get those regularly in the mail but as for purchasing at the store, I may go months without buying one and then I start for awhile. I think I had too much time to browse last time I was there and that is how I ended up with it. I do much better if I stick to my list and get in and out.

    That is a funny photo of your Molly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting in and out of the store with only the things on my list is virtually impossible. I think I need to take lessons on how that's done! :oD

      Delete
  4. Loved the photo of Molly. So funny!

    I try to stay away from magazines too as they tend to end in the trash bin. But do e-magazines count too??? No waste and they tecnically don't take up space. rofl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if the e-mags are free, then that might be okay as I'm trying to stop spending the money on mags which just end up in the waste paper bin.

      Delete
  5. Well, I must say, good for you for sticking to your guns! Love Molly! As for the mags... me too, every once in a while I go on spurts, but several years ago I decided I wasn't buying any more as I had piles and piles when I was "purging", and so, I try to rarely buy any... but once in a while, when I turn my back, one has jumped into my card, (snicker)... Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the best things about not buying magazines - I don't have to purge the piles! :o)

      Delete
  6. I love the photo of Molly! Well done on the magazine front - I have bought two so far this year, had two arrive in the post that I subscribed to last year, so they don't count, and my emagazine has arrived - does that count?
    Have a good weekend! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think buying only 2 mags this year is really good, Anne, as I know how tempting they can be. Well done you! o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)