Wednesday, 9 January 2013

some Great Granny squares

I decided it was about time to make some more Great Granny squares so I put these together over the last couple of days. This is a great way for me to keep with my "use what I have" project as I have gazillions of 2½" squares all cut just waiting to be used for something!

That's 9 in total made now. I don't know what size this quilt is going to be - or even if it will all be made in Great Granny squares - but I know I'll need a lot more than 9 squares! I'm not doing it all in a oner, though. I quite like only doing it now and again so I'll give it a rest for a wee while and then come back to it soon.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Anne... I know what you mean about once in a while, that's what it's been like me for the Farmer's Wife blocks... only a couple more though and I'll have enough for a lap quilt! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely long term project. I love the apple fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty Anne! I like your idea of making it a longer term project -- I've started a few of those lately too. It's just too hard to get enough time to do all the work in a short amount of time. Plus, it will stem the boredom LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)