Wednesday, 16 January 2013

new pinny and a new washing machine!

This morning I was gaily plotting and planning my newest pinny pattern and getting quite excited about it.

I even managed to get the prototype started but things went kind of downhill after that.

See, Debbie has arrived now - and her dog Molly too - and, because a lot of her clothes and sheets/towels etc came over in the container, they didn't smell too fresh so we decided to give them a wash. This was the pile left after 2 loads had been done!

I went to unload the second load only to find that instead of spun clothes, I had a machine full of very wet clothes. I tried every possible thing to make that machine spin but it just wasn't happening. I had to finally admit that my machine was broken. :o(

We pondered for a while wondering if it would be worth getting it fixed but we decided that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, it would cost wheens of pennies just to get a man out to look at it. Then he'd probably not have the parts to fix it so he'd have to order them and that could take a while. Then it would be even more money to get him to come back and fix it.

In the meantime, I had the wet load of washing to finish ...

... plus another 2 loads of clothes for Debbie to do. Plus our own washing gets done on a Thursday so, in my head, I could foresee mountains and mountains of dirty clothes just growing higher and higher.

So we took ourselves out and bought a new one. We examined all the ones they had on show and went with one which had a good lot of programmes especially a time-saver option which only takes 28 minutes to do a load.

Douglas and Debbie took out the old machine, plumbed in the new one ...

... and, after tea, I got 3 time-saver loads done. A-ma-zing!

I'll maybe get back into the sewing room tomorrow to finish off my prototype pinny. Fingers crossed! :o)

6 comments:

  1. It's so annoying when something goes wrong, especially something which you rely on so much. Glad you've got it sorted, and welcome home to Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to get a new iron - as I hate ironing I had one of the big steam generating ones, but sadly it no longer worked, so this afternoon the new one arrived ...... so I suppose I will have to try it out tomorrow to make sure it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to get a new iron - as I hate ironing I had one of the big steam generating ones, but sadly it no longer worked, so this afternoon the new one arrived ...... so I suppose I will have to try it out tomorrow to make sure it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel Anne, my new washer went on the blink and I was mad because it was less that two years old... so we did get a repair man in and he fixed it, thankfully, turns out the drain system was kind of plugged due to the way the machine was made, and unfortunately, the whole motor had to be pulled out to fix it, lucky hubby was there to help... anyway, I know how you feel about a half load done! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed by the slenderness of the washer and the fact that you could do three loads in one evening! But I am genuinely curious to know how you manage to get things dry? It's a never-ending problem here when the weather is inclement and even if I were able to do three loads in one evening, I'd certainly be struggling to dry the results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choice, Beko is a local brand from here. Did you know that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)