I even managed to get the prototype started but things went kind of downhill after that.
See, Debbie has arrived now - and her dog Molly too - and, because a lot of her clothes and sheets/towels etc came over in the container, they didn't smell too fresh so we decided to give them a wash. This was the pile left after 2 loads had been done!
I went to unload the second load only to find that instead of spun clothes, I had a machine full of very wet clothes. I tried every possible thing to make that machine spin but it just wasn't happening. I had to finally admit that my machine was broken. :o(
We pondered for a while wondering if it would be worth getting it fixed but we decided that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, it would cost wheens of pennies just to get a man out to look at it. Then he'd probably not have the parts to fix it so he'd have to order them and that could take a while. Then it would be even more money to get him to come back and fix it.
In the meantime, I had the wet load of washing to finish ...
... plus another 2 loads of clothes for Debbie to do. Plus our own washing gets done on a Thursday so, in my head, I could foresee mountains and mountains of dirty clothes just growing higher and higher.
So we took ourselves out and bought a new one. We examined all the ones they had on show and went with one which had a good lot of programmes especially a time-saver option which only takes 28 minutes to do a load.
Douglas and Debbie took out the old machine, plumbed in the new one ...
... and, after tea, I got 3 time-saver loads done. A-ma-zing!
I'll maybe get back into the sewing room tomorrow to finish off my prototype pinny. Fingers crossed! :o)