Thursday, 3 January 2013

a bouquet of sharpened pencils

Jo gave me some pencils for Christmas with my name on them. (I forgot to take a photo before I sharpened them so just imagine that these don't have sharp points yet! :oD)

I was so excited to have pencils - and coloured pencils and a pencil case - with my name on them as I'd never had them at school and I always secretly wanted them. I was always envious of those children who had pencils with their names on them! Well, now I have them too!

With some of my Christmas money, I got myself a windy-up pencil sharpener and, when it arrived today, I got to work sharp-, sharpen-, sharpening my new pencils. I had such fun! :o)

There was an awful lot of shavings - so much so that it overflowed the wee drawer in the sharpener!

I put the shavings in a wee dish because I wanted to show Douglas when he got home this afternoon.

And now, all my brand new, sharpened pencils are sitting in a nice red mug on my desk just like a bouquet of sharpened pencils. (Name that film!*) At least I know nobody will dare steal one and try to pass it off as his own! :oD

*You've Got Mail -
Joe Fox in an e-mail to Kathleen Kelly: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

9 comments:

  1. Very cool. And very sharp! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand new pencils are cool and ones with your name on them are the bomb! What a neat gift...


    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely... you know me, I love coloured pencils... I have way too many to count but none have my name on them :( Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of sharpening. I've always wanted a windy-up pencil sharpener, but as I rarely use a pencil, I don't suppose it would get used. How lovely to have your name embossed on the pencils, a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How posh are you with your personalised pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bouquet! Hello, I came here on a comment hop through the keyhole. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Angel Jem. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :o)

      Delete
  7. I'm impressed by those sharp, sharp pencils, too. And I've often wondered if you could use the shavings for some good purpose. I suppose they could be composted, but does anyone know of any other uses? Hm. My sisters and I always had named pencils, if not such fancy, posh ones. Our Dad used to shave off about an inch from one side of the top of the pencil and write our names on the resulting "clean" space. That was just something he always did for us at the beginning of each new school year. I did it for my son when he started school, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad did that with our pencils too! I'd forgotten all about that! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)