Wednesday, 2 January 2013

2013 diary cover

I planned to make Jo a cover for her diary as part of her Christmas present but I wanted her to choose what she wanted it to look like so I didn't actually make it until the 31st of December. Talk about cutting it fine, eh? :oD

I've modified it twice since then adding more fancy bits, a pen holder, button and closure and bells around doggies' necks. Then, today, I added her name and the year in Roman numerals - I didn't have numbers in my wee stamp kit so I thought it'd look smart with the MMXlll. All I need to do now is hope that those letters really do mean 2013!!

The front:

The back:

The inside front flap with the elastic pen holder:

The inside back flap:

I'm really pleased with the way it all turned out and, more to the point, Jo loves it! :o)

9 comments:

  1. Sweet! My favourite, of course, is the bit of Stewart Tartan :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - it's gorgeous! I have diary cover envy!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely. I love the little bells round the doggy's necks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful the diary cover is! The embellishments really make it super cool! Now I want to make a cover too! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a work of art. I think I, too, have diary cover envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite so far. I love the extra touches this time around. Love the pen inside the cover idea too! Makes my plain covered calendar book thingy look plain Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)