Monday, 12 November 2012

thinking of Christmas

I had a *really* sore wrist over the weekend so didn't get any sewing done at all. Or anything much of anything really. I got Douglas to take me to the chemist so that I could get a tubigrip bandage to put on it and that made a whole lot of difference. I wore it all weekend and this morning managed to take it off and the wrist is much better now. Thankfully!

When it first got sore I thought - as you do - "it's a good job it's my left wrist and not my right one. I don't use my left wrist for much so it'll be fine". Wrong. It seems that anything I tried to do needed my left wrist to be working properly!

Reading my book, playing on my iPad both required movement from my left wrist. Ouch! Going to the loo involved (amongst other things) pulling up my tights - kind of hard to do one-handed let me tell you! Washing my hands wasn't too bad but drying them was ridiculously painful.

Anyway, I spent most of the weekend on our couch and read my way through a stack of magazines that I've been meaning to look at for weeks. Some of them were Christmas magazines so I found myself thinking of Christmas and planning things (in my head). I *LOVE* Christmas!

Now, just in case you're not in the mood yet, here's my absolute favourite Christmas advert ever. I know I show it every year but I *have* to! It's a classic and I never tire of it! Enjoy! :oD

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful ad but if you want my advice, for your wrist, don t drink teh product. Even the version without sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I don't know when I last had a coke! Months and months and months ago! If I do drink it, it's always the "real thing" - never sugar-free or caffeine-free or anything-free! :oD

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha - I love this ad, too. I actually watched it for the first time this year about an hour ago! I think we're both in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we maybe infected each other! :oD

      Delete
  3. I am already tired of the supermarket ads on tv, but I don't mind this one! Take care of your wrist!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just discovered your lovely blog, so am popping in to say hello. You had me at "blether"! I'm a bletherer too - and a fan of all things knitting, sewing, quilting etc etc, oh, and Christmas, so looking forward to following your makes. Please hop over and say hello sometime too when you have a wee moment. Have a lovely day,
    Gilly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)