Monday, 5 November 2012

it was perfect!

Today I've been busy cutting our another couple of diary covers ready for sewing tomorrow.

I also made another round oven glove. It's just waiting for me to hand-sew the bias binding to the back.

These will all end up in the tartan bee - link on the right if you're interested. :o)

And here are the mittens I made myself last week.

Why don't they match? Well, usually I would have made sure I started the second glove at the same place in the yarn that the first glove started at BUT there had been a join in the yarn of the first glove and I knew that, even if I did start the second one in the same place, the chances were high that it wouldn't end up in the same place so why bother? I love them not matching! They keep me just as warm as they would if they did match so I'm happy with that too!

So, what's the title of this post about? Only the new Nora Roberts book - The Perfect Hope.

I had pre-ordered it from South America (amazon) and it was meant to come this Thursday so I had allotted myself enough time to re-read the first two in the Inn at Boonsboro series before it arrived. Well, drat! It arrived last Friday when I was only on page 51 of the second book. I forced myself not to open the new book until I'd finished the second book and, boy, it was worth the wait. I *loved* it! It was perfect!

10 comments:

  1. Once again you have been busy! I have lots of books, but never get time to ready any more... so, now I listen to audio books and listen to them while I'm housecleaning, stitching, quilting, gardening, walking our trails... it is absolutely wonderful, especially when you get a really fantastic narrator! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only on page 40 or so of A Perfect Hope but I'm enjoying it so far.

    And those mittens are adorable - better that they don't look the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the non-matching mittens! I never try to make my socks match when I use self-patterning sock wool. Stuart unfortunately managed to burn holes in the oven gloves that I made for them (with the purple zebra fabric). They are beyond repair, so I guess I'll have to make anothor lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are teasing me.......!! You could probably post me the book and I would get it quicker than it being in the shops here....
    I refuse to buy her books on my phone , so I will just have to wait.
    You are very busy...and I love the pot holder!
    I wouldn't worry about the stripes not matching ( it adds to their charm ).....if I knitted them they wouldn't be the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mittens. I've got that very yarn in my stash, all ready to knit a pair of socks. I don't often try and match each one up, I think it adds to the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that mitten for the kitchen, I would make one if I could sew, I so badly want to learn and I keep saying I will buy a sewing machine... I'd make all sorts of stuff. And for the mittens, they are PERFECT! Here in the States, well... it's such a big diverse place so I should say "here in Texas", the kids are all wearing mismatched socks, you can even buy them already mismatched for you, so I'm sure it will be the same with the mittens this year! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. :o)

      (I tried to reply via e-mail but you're a no-reply blogger so I can't do that.)

      Delete
  7. I love the round oven mitt very unusual and looks practical. I think the mismatched mitts are much more fun than matching ones.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with everyone else: love the mismatched mittens (I used to do that with socks a very long time ago when they were a good way to use up scraps). You certainly have been a busy bee, tartan or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)