Sunday, 25 November 2012

Emmy's quilt - all finished

I finished the baby quilt for Emmy yesterday. I *love* it!

Here are just some of my favourite squares.

Frogs, lots of spots, books and teeny Santas.

Bird footprints, cows, stars and bunting with a kettle.

More cows, sheep, hens, penguins, more spots, stripes and Santas.

Mittens, buttons, bones, snails, flowers and even more spots.

Wellies, apples, Christmas trees, golf tees, more spots and stripes and the very hungry caterpillar.

The fleece on the back and the binding which seemed to match with whatever square it came up against on the edge of the quilt.

I'm very pleased with the way this quilt turned out. I'll get it in the post tomorrow so that baby Emmy can start using it.

And I have to show this off. Douglas made this quilting table addition for my sewing machine. This quilt was *much* easier to quilt because of it! Thanks, Douglas. :o)

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt - such pretty colours with interesting designs - and, oh, what a fabulous extension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. There's some really pretty fabrics in there, the snails and frogs are particular favourites. The quilting table's great, it should make things much easier for you. Well done, Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those great fabrics in the quilt.... and am drooling over your new sewing table extension! *wondering who I can talk into making me one like that*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, it's fabulous! Loving your extension table too,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the baby quilt - when Emmy is older she will have so much fun looking at all those wonderful fabrics! I have just placed an order with Malcolm for a quilting table!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)