Monday, 26 November 2012

black trousers

Thanks for all your lovely comments about Emmy's quilt. I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment. :o)

I posted the quilt to Emmy this morning so she should get it tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope she likes it. Well, Emmy's only a few weeks old so she won't know one way or the other if she likes it or not but I hope the rest of her family like it! :o)

My next task is to make myself some new black trousers. I hadn't had trousers on for weeks - been wearing skirts with thick tights on to keep me warm - but I put them on last Wednesday for my check-up appointment at the rheumatology clinic (all fine) and the trousers were h-u-g-e on me. I could pull them up and down without taking the button out or taking the zip down.

Whilst that is fabulous that I've lost that much weight (and size), I need black trousers for the Singers' concert this Sunday coming and I'd really prefer to have ones that fit me properly. I don't want to be standing there pulling in my lower abdomen to get good breath control (our conductor is always telling us to do that) and suddenly feel my trousers going south! Yikes!

I decided to save myself some time and bought some trousers but the ones I brought home were so low in the crutch that they would have been even more embarrassing than the ones going south so they went back to the shop. I dug through my patterns and found one I liked and cut them out today.

I did a rough fit and they seem to be fine so I'm now sewing them properly and hope to have them done tomorrow. I *really* want these to fit me and then I can relax about that part of the concert. Only the words and music to worry about after that!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on losing enough weight to need smaller slacks!!! WTG!

    That's a nice looking pattern... looking forward to seeing your new trousers!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the weight loss! I'm a great fan of M&S "old lady" trousers with the elasticated waist - ordinary trousers gape at the back waist on me.
    I wish I could sing ..... as the saying goes, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)