Saturday, 6 October 2012

the tartan bee is open!

Oh my goodness, my stomach is churning and I'm just a wee bit afraid. Why? I've done something that I've been thinking of doing for years. Years. Decades!

It's been in the final stages of planning for months and today I wouldn't let myself do any sewing until I'd taken the plunge.

What did I do? I only set up an Etsy shop to sell some of the things I make. *gasp* Want to see it? Here it is - the tartan bee.

I'd be really happy if you'd take a look and let me know what you think. If you see any mistakes, please tell me so I can sort them. Proof-reading your own stuff isn't foolproof - or at least it isn't when I do it.

I think I'll go and lie down in a darkened room now - either that or put on some wild music and dance around the livingroom shouting at the top of my lungs that I did it. I actually did it! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations
    I would like 15 bees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Anne... isn't it nice to be able to offer up for sale all the "extra" stuff we make! I too end up with more aprons, double oven gloves, bags, etc., and end up giving most away as gifts, but you can only give so much away without everyone else having one of everything too, LOL! Best wishes to you, it's time I refurbished my web site and added more things for sale... hopefully this winter... now you have a purpose for what you're doing. Love your little tag on your items, did you get them made somewhere, there are a few places to get them done... I ordered twill tape to make my own with my printer but haven't gotten around to it yet! Have fun.... hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very best wishes for rip-roaring success with your shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new Etsy shop! Love the banner and tags! Very nice.... I wish you all the best with your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations....very nice items. I admire your talent. Best wishes to you for your new shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations Anne -- it looks fabulous! I especially love the cute aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congratulations Anne -- it looks fabulous! I especially love the cute aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Etsy shop. Go Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Anne! I have been an admirer of your talent for a long time. I wish you the best in selling your wares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)