I didn't realise when I offered that the music was loose and not in any semblance of order. Naturally I just had to do something about that. I decided it all had to go into polypockets and then had to be filed alphabetically.
Yesterday I got it all into the polypockets. (This isn't it all. Soooo much music!)
And today I decided to put it all into ABC piles. So I cleared all the cushions off the couches and put wee bits of paper around the room.
In case you're worried that I missed out J to Q, they're on the chair, pouffée and couch on the other side of the room.
All was going well until Rosie decided she *had* to be allowed to sit on her part of the couch. No amount of telling her she couldn't get up there until I'd finished worked so I had to move piles A and B so she could take her rightful place!
It took me just short of 2 hours to get the piles all done. I didn't go through each letter's pile to properly alphabetise them. The computer will do that for me when I put them on a spreadsheet. In the meantime, there are 3 crates of semi-sorted music waiting for the next stage in the procedure.