Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Christmas stocking - prototype 2

I didn't get my second prototype finished today but I thought I'd show what I've done so far. I decided to not use wadding (batting) in the stocking at all so the patchworked piece will look the same but it won't be padded. That way it'll not be so bulky. Or at least that's the plan. If it doesn't look good when it's finished, I can always make a prototype 3 with the front padded! What's that saying about "if plan A doesn't work, remember there are 25 other letters to use!". Mmmmmm.

Anyway, here's the start of the patchworking process:

The top part's done, now it's just the foot to do.

And here it is all patched and cut ready to be sewn to the back of the stocking - tomorrow.

And, just keeping it real - this is how messy my table gets when I'm doing this kind of patchwork! Wooops! :oD

3 comments:

  1. Tee hee... I don't have to be doing patchwork for my table to look like that... great job on the stocking, very cute! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look... how cute! I love it!

    Don't worry about the messy table... just the sign of a creative mind at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo. I love Christmas (and the stocking)! And if it's not padded then surely there's more room for presents inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)