Friday, 19 October 2012

at last!

At 10pm last night, I typed the last title into the computer and that was the end of the music sorting. As quite a few of the songs in the list said "Hallelujah".

Here's the emptied crate - this was taken this morning as, at 10pm these days, it's pitch dark around this neck of the woods. (Please excuse the tatty dog bed. Rosie is hoping that Santa might bring her a new one - or that her mum will sort this one. Either option is fine by her! :oD)

And here's the second of the organised crates.

The music is now all upstairs waiting for me to put it all into cardboard storage boxes and stack it out of the way until I need to look for something.

Another "at last" is the fact that I actually got some sewing done today. I didn't know what I was going to do when I remembered that I had a few flirty frilly half pinnies (aprons) cut out and ready to sew. Why didn't I sew them when I cut them out? Well, Joanna had one, Debbie had one and I don't wear short pinnies as I wipe my hands everywhere when I cook/bake so I *need* to wear a full length pinny! Now that I have the tartan bee shop, I can make the pinnies up and add them to my stock.

So here are the 5 pinnies all sitting on my sewing room table waiting for the next step in their construction - the attaching of the frills. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend.

And finally - how could I resist taking this photo of Rosie? She is such a silly wee dog!

PS: (feel free to ignore this bit) - Christmas stockings, a Christmas wallhanging and a couple more pairs of oven gloves were added to the tartan bee this morning. Sue, I hope to get some owls made soon which I'll add in if I think they're good enough. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up a monumental chore!!!

    I have to have a full pinny myself... I am a messy cook/baker! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I feel for ya! LOL! Great that you're getting some stock for your shoppe... I'm glad to be back sewing too... don't know where to start though as I've got a "huge" bucket list :( Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh owls. I will have to keep checking. It's never too soon to be Christmas shopping for owls, after all ;-) I have ideas this year, which is a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a huge task, you must have heaved a sigh of relief when you finished. I never wear an apron, I really should as I usually end up tipping something down the front of me. Rosie is such a cutie, it looks like she's had a hectic day too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)