Monday, 29 October 2012

a week's worth!

I knew I hadn't blogged much last week but I was surprised to see it had been a whole week I'd taken off! Jings!

Anyway, here's what I made in the last 7 days.

A couple of diary covers for the tartan bee shop. They're not loaded in yet but they will be soon.

I used up some oddments of fabric by making them into bias binding. I got approx 4.2m out of a 15" square of this one ...

... and 7.2m out of a 21" square of this one:

I knitted myself some mittens but they were quite long in the fingers so I gave them to Joanna. Rosie was very interested in them when Joanna was trying them on.

She - Rosie - loves to play with hands that are in gloves! The fuzzyness of her tail shows how quickly it was wagging! :oD

And finally, I made a slightly modified version of the wee owl which I blogged about here. I much prefer this one as the closing isn't on the curve which is always difficult to keep neat. This will also end up in the shop - soon.

I'm in the middle of my second pair of mittens and this pair fit me much better. It's been fun knitting something that comes up quickly. I sometimes think I'd like to knit myself a scarf to go with the mittens but that could take ages so I'm not so sure I should even start it. I'll finish the mittens first and then see what I think.

9 comments:

  1. Wow... you've been busy! Love that owl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely things - except my tights and socks. How embarassing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been a busy "bee"! I need to start trying to catch up! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mittens, I can see that Rosie thinks so too, she's such a cutie looking up with those soulful eyes like that. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog about Archie, they're very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there
    Just found your blog via Handmade Harbour. The diary covers are beautiful. Your mittens are gorgeous, I think Rosie may want a pair of her own.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous blog you have, I enjoyed stopping by! I have heard the word blether before, but I didn't know what it means! I shall blether with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, checked out your "bee" site. I think it's such a great idea. Can't wait to see as you add more items to your list. Les...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and yes I made myself some time of account to post here since you said without one I couldn't anymore. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)