Friday, 14 September 2012

baby quilt - A to Z & 0 - 9 squares

I've finished cutting the letters and numbers out from the panel I showed yesterday and attaching them on to their backing squares. Here they are lying beside their backgrounds waiting to have their outer edges pressed under.

... pinning them on ...

... ready to be sewn on ...

... waiting to have the threads tied in.

I've finished tying in all those threads but it's dark now so no photos of that. Next I just have to lay the 81 squares out to make sure my random choices don't leave too many similar squares together. Then it's on to the sewing them all together. It's coming along nicely. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Deliciously cute fabric... too bad you've got the extra work of getting the squares up to 4 1/2 inches... going to be very cute though... do you only have squares for your go or do you have some others that you like? I sold the Go in my shoppe but I didn't think I'd ever want one for myself, seemed as though there might be a bit of waste, but it would certainly save on time! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it's going to be a cute quilt Anne! I love the alphabet in baby quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)