Tuesday, 18 September 2012

baby quilt layout

I put the squares for the baby quilt I'm making on our bed this afternoon to make a decision about the "random" pattern. It took me ages to decide and then I asked Douglas for his opinion and we moved things around and swapped squares and moved things around again until we finally ended up with this.

I was trying to get the letters and numbers so that none of them were beside another of the same coloured background. We managed it in the horizontal rows and the vertical columns but not on the diagonals. To be honest, I'm not even sure it would be possible to do it on the diagonals - and I'm not going to try! There is such a thing as "over-thinking". I mean, the baby won't give a hoot whether he/she pees/poops/pukes on matching backgrounds, for heaven's sake! :oD

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee... trying to get blocks matching all around can drive you crazy... believe me, been there done that! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be gorgeous when it's finished. I love all the bright colours, it will certainly stimulate the baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)