Sunday, 5 August 2012

jamming and hanging

I spent Friday afternoon making jam. This wasn't with the berries I bought and cleaned this week but with the last of last year's berries dug out of the freezer.

Here's the strawberry jam in its jars:

The rasberry jam not yet lidded. (Is "lidded" a word??)

And the best bit about jam making - other than the supply of jam, of course - is the skimmings. These are the raspberry skimmings. They're yummmmmmmmmmy. :o)

I've also spent some time planning a hanging for - yikes! - Christmas.

Here's the pile of fabrics I chose to go with.

More of that as it progresses. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo - Christmas is coming! Looking forward to seeing the hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that little bit of jam that won't fit in the jars... so delicious!

    Christmas planning? Already? Say it isn't so... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!... I can't even begin to think about Christmas yet! Summers here are so short that we don't think that far ahead! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could comment about your planning a hanging, but I won't...can't wait to see the finished result. The jams look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)