Wednesday, 29 August 2012

finished - Christmas twister and reindeer

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday - drat my sore back! - but I made up for it today. First of all I got down to the quilting on the Christmas twister -

I took this photo and didn't realise until I looked at it in iPhoto that you can see the camera - and me - in the mirror behind the sewing table. Kinda cool! :oD

Here's a small part of the front showing the quilting:

And the back:

This is a terrible photo but, as it's now nearly bedtime, it'll have to do until I can take another one tomorrow.

After I'd finished that, I dug out the reindeer embroidery which I'd finished the stitching and backing and binding of during the Olympics - ie weeks ago! I added some teeny tiny bells around the reindeers' necks and coloured them in with wax crayons. That was so much fun, I'll definitely be doing that again!

And here are the reindeer in close up.

I love it! :o)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on two great finishes! Love that lil twister table runner! You are all ready for the holidays....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reindeer are absolutely gorgeous !!
    I love it too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your Christmas Quilt! Where did you get the cloth for it?

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      Thanks for commenting! :o)

      I got most of the fabric from the fabric shops I worked in between 1995 and 2003. I can't even tell you names of the fabrics as there's nothing on the selvage edges. Sorry I can't be more help.

      Delete
  4. Those reindeer are so cute. The bells just finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the reindeer with their little bells! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reindeer one. I never saw this blog, just seeing it now. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)