Thursday, 23 August 2012

dressmaking, lil twister patchwork and flowers

I've not been doing much sewing this week as I've been having trouble with my back and neck. Not a lot of trouble but I can't do as much sewing or cutting out as I'd like to. I'm not worried by this - I just have to be careful and not overdo. I think that's the hardest part because I have all these plans in my head of things I'd like to get on with but I just have to be patient. I will get them done just not this week!
Anyway I have made a blouse this week. Just the button threads to tie and finish off and the buttonholes to cut then it's done.

The fabric is a very narrow lilac and white stripe. The buttons came from my own stash - more stuff used up!

My next project is a Christmas one. I'm excited to see how it turns out! Watch this space!

We've had a lot of *really* heavy rain here this week and it's battered our gladioli so hard that they were beginning to give up the will to stand up straight. So I went out and cut the ones that were keeling over and brought them inside. Aren't they just gorgeous? I think so!









5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your back and neck are giving you fits and hope that you're back into fighting/sewing trim quickly!

    Lovely blouse and gorgeous glads! Haven't tried a twister quilt/runner... yet! Looking forward to watching your progress...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your back and neck get better soon - it is very wearing to have a sore back! Love the gladioli, and I'm very taken with the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your glads are oh so gorgeous! :) I love the Lil Twister quilts that I see---I may have to purchase that little ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous !!
    And I like that runner too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your twister quilt is beautiful! Love the glads too, can't grow them in my yard, too much shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)