Wednesday, 8 August 2012

a sunny day!

It was warm and sunny here today which is a miracle. This summer has been awful so far so, when the opportunity comes to sit outside in the sun for a wee while, I'm grabbing it with both hands. So, instead of watching the Olympics or quilting the Christmas hanging or cleaning or doing any of that other indoor stuff, I unashamedly sat outside on the deck with my Kindle and read ... in the SUNSHINE. (I'm shouting those words because we all know it's bound to be raining again tomorrow!)

I did do the quilting of the wallhanging this evening but it's too dark now to take photos now so I'll do that tomorrow ... if I remember ... and if I'm not outside reading ... in the SUNSHINE!!

I want to answer Softie's question in her comment yesterday as to what I'll be using the iPad for. Well, mostly as a computer. My "big" computer is an iMac and is on a desk in our dining room. I wanted something that I could use in the livingroom or outside or in the sewing room or wherever I fancied and I wasn't interested in a laptop. (I *hate* those trackpad mouses with a passion!) So, when I wondered out loud on Sunday how I might get on with an iPad, the ball started rolling from there.

I won't be giving up my Kindle either as it's so small and easily transportable when I have to go to the doctor's or the dentist and have to wait in their waiting rooms. My Kindle fits nicely into my handbag but my iPad wouldn't do that. I could, of course, make myself a bag big enough to take it but, in the meantime, I'll just stick with the Kindle.

Of course, if I'm being honest, I'll no doubt be playing a few games on my iPad as well. I'm getting quite good at one called "Compression". I'm rubbish at one called "Cubilus" though. Really, really rubbish. Oh well, can't win them all.

Okay, so that I don't post a post without a photo, here's something from my miscellaneous Photobucket album which makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. I'm sure it could apply to yarn or any other crafty things. :oD

2 comments:

  1. I'm a "sunny" kind of girl too... but when it gets too hot outside to do anything, then it's almost a waste!!! Take advantage of it while you can... tee hee, love the little pic! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)