Wild rose and square:
I don't know if you remember the block called Homemaker which would not sit properly - no matter how much I pressed it.
Well, I took the iron to it again today and it still wouldn't behave so it got tossed into the "do something with this someday" pile and I made another block to take its place.
I'm going to quilt each block separately and then join them with the sashing so I needed 64 squares for the back. I decided to use a thrifted single duvet cover (which cost me all of £1.50!!) for the back of the quilt. I only managed to get 54 blocks out of one side of the duvet:
So the other 10 had to come from the other side which is slightly different. I deliberately chose bits that were really different from the other 54 - if you're going to be different, then be *different*! So there are 10 like this:
Then I cut my 64 pieces of wadding/batting:
I then started pinning them all together.
I've now got about 30 blocks pinned (I ran out of safety pins!) and have made a start to quilting them. I'll take photos of that tomorrow. Things are moving along nicely.