Wednesday, 25 July 2012

in the garden

Although I have done a wee bit of sewing this week, today I spent some time sitting out in the garden because - WOW! - the sun shone! A-MA-ZING!! Of course, I took my camera out to document said sunshine because it'll probably be raining again tomorrow!

Here's our hanging basket:

The Livingstone daisies really look their best when the sun shines.

Some nasturtiums - nasturtia??

The hydrangea has tons of heads on it this year - it usually does when it gets a lot of rain!

I just adore fuchsias. I remember as a child calling them the ballerina plant because they reminded me of ballerinas. They still do! :o)

I bought this earlier this year in the supermarket. According to the label it's a "blue lace cap hydrangea". Em, no it's not ... but it's pretty anyway.

And here's what I took outside with me to do. The unpicking had to be done because I forgot that in the tumbler pattern, the rows aren't all the same. Oh well, at least I didn't have to unpick all 60 of the pairs - just 6.

I finally managed to cut a few sweetpeas. They've really been affected by all the rain this year but I'm hoping that more will come now that they're being cut. I love the smell of sweetpeas.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! Reading in your garden sounds like a lovely way to spend your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! I see you have a green thumb as well as a talent for sewing. I have neither of those things, but I enjoy seeing everyone else's. I love the blue & purple hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)